Saturday, April 14, 2007

April Showers bring May Flowers

. . .and May Flowers bring furniture. Yeah.
Just a couple of updates [by the way, it drives me crazy when people drop the "of" in the phrase "a couple of Xs; it's not used the same was as "a few"!] for y'uns.
My advisor emailed me to let me know that he's signed and returned the Defense Application Thingy (official title) to the Department office; I'm committed now to finishing the degree this semester. . .no more delays! So I have got to get this turdiform "bovine theses" all titivated up and shoved out the scholastic vomitorium before cockshut time, or it's "Arnold raced for the door" for me!
Chapter 3 I think is in for a radical laparotomy today, as I cut off most of its header material. I will cut to the chase and focus on dear old wonky Borrow.

Also, the publishers have allowed me a few more weeks to finish up the textbooks; I'm now shooting for May 7th.

I have read most of Peter Beagle's Giant Bones on the train and at school this Weds. and think it's the bee's knees. Now I wanna get the other books by him into my line of sight and within dreaming distance.

Now starting up The World Treasury of Science Fiction with general series editor Anne Fadiman's Dad. Its foreword is real good.

Also I finished obsessively reading the wonderful Eats, Shoots & Leaves, wonderful British book on punctuation, from the militant sticklers' angle. Put that with dear Anne Fadiman's Ex Libris and some other great book-loving works I'll try to add to this list. 'Tis true, though, that the book has made me a bit self-conscious about these "little marks".

Wishing you well and hoping you do the same-- Litmus

No comments:

Post a Comment