Friday, February 27, 2009
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Monday, February 23, 2009
Hi there everyone! We have emerged from the hospital today and moved over the center for "confinement" as they used to call it. She'll stay for two weeks here before moving back home for the rest of the baby's first month.
Actually I typed Jonnie's length wrong: it's not 53 inches, but instead 53 cm. 3910 grams. Very good looking--but don't take MY word for it; look at the photos!
I went back home last night to celebrate Coral's birthday with cake and singing. I'll take her out later this week to birthday shop with her. . .she has some specific hopes.
I think I won't try to finish this paper for Tuesday BY Tuesday; it's just too much for the time I have! I'll call them though and tell them my situation; it's possible they will let me have till Friday, in which case I'll prob. be OK. More conferences coming soon too; next deadline Mar 3rd.
All are well and happy. Amy is tired but recovering. No painkillers this time or either of the other two times, BTW; Dr said that half the people who use anaesthetics vomit or get dizzy and she didn't want that.
Pretty tired here. I stayed up with Amy all the time and slept little. Last night though stayed with my girls at home and returned hosp side to do paperwork and move Amy home.
Best wishes to you all! More news, photos, and maybe some video later.
Friday, February 20, 2009
- 10:51 Was planning to go to Dou6 but raining. At home. Seems the America trip just isn't going to be manageble. *SIGH* .. #
- 12:21 Trying to cope with ever so many deadlines looming. Working on the CALL/DRAMA paper, first instance due Tues. Baby still has not emerged. #
Thunderously Muttered by Litmus Paper at 2:04 PM
Thursday, February 19, 2009
- 16:39 Getting ready for bike-bus-train-car trip to Shetou and then home for Class! Every expecting the Call from Amy but not yet. . . #
- 17:24 To dou6 with Amy, Eowyn, Gma... I had an 8 AM class After all classes. . .bike to Eowyn. Ride with her. Foot caught in wheel Got help fro.. #
- 17:24 Always expecting Amy to have her baby but not yet-- Amy drove us to school then went back to Shetou Had my first WRIT2 class bike-b.. #
Thunderously Muttered by Litmus Paper at 2:06 PM
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
- 16:30 @RichMiller Nope; still healthy after checkup Fri but not yet born. Should be very speedily occurring though! Thanks Rich!! #
- 20:21 Co and Gma went mt climbing with Ken 5:20 AM! We went with kids 9 AM to teach in Shetou. Bad dog smell! Decided to try to fin.. #
- 22:14 @DoctorRudy By the way, Rudy, that WAS your wife asking about buying coriander in Kaohsiung, right? Did she know it was me?? Her blog's cool #
- 22:24 Wondering how to arrange this trip to the US, if at all. Tooo many variables and challenges. . ."I need a vacation!" #
Thunderously Muttered by Litmus Paper at 2:03 PM
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Heyo! Stressful as a box full of hanging fire. We hope to be able to go to America this summer--Eowyn and I do, that is--and I'm trying to find a place to hang my head during that time: a room for renk. Not easy so far away. Also got to write a full paper for several calls for papers that are due soon. Add to that the fact that Amy could have her baby ANY time now. . . see below for lots of other tasks looming o'erhead.
Also, I've started a social network thingy at Ning.com: "Parodies and Disparities." You wanna join? Be my guessed.
I love PDQ Bach, "Weird Al" Yankovic, Young Frankenstein, Airplane!, and even these swell new Mochries of our new President Obama.
I want to get others who are interested in this type of thing and discusss, analyze, and create parodies, travesties, breakfast teas, suchatease, burlesques, and the like. Join me? Please do!
Best to all and all for none.
- 15:40 @Juniper37 Sorry for the dupe tweets. I thought it didn't work the first time. Baby due anytime. . . .! #
- 17:40 @TheDutchlady Hi there in Kaohsiung! Actually coriander/cilantro is readily available _fresh_. It's called "xiang tsai" or fragrant veget. #
- 17:41 @TheDutchlady Don't know about ground coriander/allspice, but places like Wellcome and Costco have spices. Or dry your own coriander... #
- 17:48 @TheDutchlady Hope you will feel 1000% soon. Great to be in touch. Your blog is great! Best to you both!! I miss my time in Kaohsiung. #
- 08:05 @DoctorRudy Happy to be of assistance; I AM now an assistant professor, after all. :-) Hope V-Day was both beautiful and sublime! #
- 08:07 Enjoy a loverly V-Day everybody! Fighting children is SO romantic, in our case. . .but the baby will be born ANY moment. Wish us well--- #
- 08:09 @cccliu Have you tried electric shocks? #
Thunderously Muttered by Litmus Paper at 2:03 PM
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Photos of Coral and Eowyn and Amy Jan 27 2009 on PhotoPeach
Bizzy bizzy bizzy! Baby is coming along swell and Amy is swelling along big, baby! Should be born any time now. I hope I can finish all the calls for papers, and their respective papers, on time. I got word today that the first of the batch, a workshop on Studeous.com for English teachers in Taiwan, was accepted; conference May 16-17th.
Due to time constraints these days I've yoked my Twitter account (usually done, though, through http://itweet.net/) into this blog so I can make microblog notes on how things are going without the need for paragraphs.
I've also tied my other favorite journal, Memiary, into Twitter and thus into Forging Reputations as well. Recommended!
I've also been enjoying friend and family interaction on Facebook. Too bad few people want to play Word Twist or PathWords with me.
I've also been partaking of Star Trek: The Next Generation's Season 4 DVDs, graciously given to me by my dear family. Heaven! The best of times! And it's great to be able to tweet to LeVar Burton as I'm watching his episodes. He's quit smoking by the way. Good for him.
More soon, I hope. Will no doubt have several media extravaganzas, or at least a few availablganzas, as the baby Jonathan Aaron is born and develops. Wish me luck as the only adult who can drive in the family. . . .and can teach. . . . Geez!
- 10:30 @levarburton Congratulations! Keep it up. As you taught me to say in such situations: "I'm workin' on it, Captain!" #
- 10:51 Got up 7:20 to teach; Jenny 25 min early; Lilian 18 minutes late! Got accepted for "26th" conference: Studeous workshop! Sent accep.. #
Thunderously Muttered by Litmus Paper at 2:05 PM
Friday, February 13, 2009
- 15:03 Rearranging my office as Amy suggested; applying for conferences; eating casserole! #
- 11:15 Enjoying seeing Geordi getting along better with Dr. Brahms! #
- 11:25 @Juniper37 Love you Jessica! I'm trying to get so much darn work done before the baby is born...it's delaying ticket purchase & room rental! #
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Hi, I'm busy still but glad to be done with the musical, at least! I'm working on a variety of t'ings.
- Calls for Papers: need to do conferences etc. to pass for my reviews at school, so got lots of abstracts in the works, and papers. Many deadlines. Oy vey.
- Old Projects 1: Caves Books: Reading House mistake catching.
- Old Projects 2: GEPT English test writing.
- Proposal for another project with Caves publishers
- Planning for a trip to the States this summer with Eowyn
- Cleaning the house and getting ready to move
- Finding lodgings for the summer (see #5)
- Incorporating more things into my digital lifestyle
- Planning and preparing for next semester's classes
- Dreading next fall's new drama at school
- Reading new books including Eco and Rushdie, oh my!
- Making lots and lots of outlines for above
Best to anyone